Tank and equipment
- 400L Rena aquarium (120cm x 50cm 70cm high)
- CPR CS150 overflow box
- 2x 1262 Universal Pump (80W, 3400 ltr/hr)
- Deltec APF 600 protein skimmer
- Hailea hc-500a chiller
- Fluval 205 canister filter
- 2 power heads
- Two 50L sump bins (currently full of live rock)
- Gravity-fed auto top-off system
- Live rock (see pics, sumps also full of 'reef bones' which would quickly transform into live rock when moved into main tank)
- Red brittle star (about as big as your hand)
Price and contact
£500 ono for the lot - would consider selling some parts separately - please read-on..
Contact Pete on 0788 306 5693
Unfortunately I no longer have the time to maintain this reef tank and am looking to sell the lot to someone who could make better use of the equipment. The tank was a long-term project for the past 10 years or so.
The tank and equipment sits on/inside a modified cabinet. The cabinet currently houses the sump(s) and all other equipment with the exception of the chiller.
IMPORTANT: It's critical for me that the livestock (see above) is properly taken care of. Because of this I am only interested in selling off any of the above to someone who is able to also take and properly look after the livestock.
The bad bits: There are a few issues with the above which I should point out:
- The skimmer has a small leak (one of the o-rings on the impellor housing). The leak is very small and can be remedied with a new o-ring which Deltec supply as spares (in fact I probably have one here but haven't changed as the leak is so small).
- There is a significant aptasia (small annoying stinging anemone) population in the tank. Can be treated manually or with aptasia-eating fish/invertebrates.
- One of the original lighting bars failed (T8-based) and has been replaced with a (better) T5-based light (Not so much a bad thing but just to point out that the light bars are not identical).
Advert stats: [Added or updated:08/01/17 Views: 1194]